Our strategies seek to capture growth when the market is rising and help protect capital when the market is falling.
Our Investment Philosophy
At Legacy Financial Planning, the cornerstone of our investment philosophy is helping to ensure you donít run out of income before you run out of breath.
As Americans live longer, itís important to ensure your retirement income will last as long as you do. For many, that could be 30 or more years in retirement. Thatís why we believe the following are essential components of an investment portfolio that seeks to provide income for life:
Predictable Income Sources Ė for providing reliable income over time
Various Income Sources Ė for providing portfolio growth
Outcome-based Investment Strategies
How you invest your assets in or nearing retirement has a significant impact on how long your income may last in retirement. If you invest too conservatively, you run the risk of outliving your savings due to a lack of growth required to outpace inflation over time. Investing too aggressively, on the other hand, could result in experiencing losses when you can least afford to wait for the markets to recover. This is why a strategy that seeks to balance predictable income with growth to guard against rising taxes and inflation can be an important approach for pursuing your income needs.
- Predictable Income Sources - Predictable income is critical to funding your expenses in retirement. Therefore, itís important to protect these assets through a more conservative portfolio allocation. Fixed income investments like bonds and bond funds, and income-producing stocks or stock funds are commonly used to help provide predictable growth in an investment portfolio.
- Various Income Sources - Various income sources play an important role in your portfolio. The portion of your portfolio allocated to growth investments, like stocks, seeks to provide growth to help replenish your predictable income over time and outpace inflation. Our strategies seek to capture growth when the market is rising and help protect capital when the market is falling.
Yet determining the optimal allocation for you can be complex. Important factors must be considered and weighed, including basic needs (food, shelter, medical) and discretionary needs (travel, entertainment, charitable giving) as well as your timeline and tolerance for risk. At Legacy Financial Planning, we take all of these factors into consideration as we work with you to determine an asset allocation and investment strategy aligned with your needs and goals.
As independent advisors, we have access to a full array of non-proprietary financial products and services, including:
- Cash and money market funds
- Municipal, treasury and corporate bonds
- Domestic and international stocks
- Mutual funds
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Fixed and variable annuities
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM) through LPL Financial
- Model Wealth Portfolios (MWP) through LPL Financial
- Alternative investments
An Emphasis on Investment Research and Due Diligence
The open-architecture investment platform and stringent due diligence of LPL Financial provide us with access to a universe of top industry talent to select among in constructing your portfolio. The LPL Financial Research team employs a strict, highly disciplined investment manager screening process that results in a recommended list of select, leading industry separate account managers. Managers on the recommended list must continue to meet strict criteria over time to remain on the list.
* Alternative Investment Strategies include managed futures vehicles, structured products, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and oil and gas partnerships, among others.
No strategy ensures a profit or protects against loss. Investing involves risk including possible loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Contact Us to learn more about strategies that seek to protect and grow a lifetime of assets.