Congratulations! You’re only two steps away from getting started on your path to financial independence in retirement:
Contact us to schedule a meeting at a time convenient for you. Our initial meeting is a conversation to get to know you and determine if we’re a good fit for each other. We’ll talk about your financial concerns and challenges as well as your goals and aspirations.
Download our Financial Planning Checklist. To ensure we are using your time in the most efficient manner, we suggest you complete the Financial Planning Checklist prior to our initial meeting. You can email your checklist to our office in advance of our meeting or bring it with you.
What to expect when you become a client
Our comprehensive planning process is tailored to your needs and goals. Through the Discovery phase of our process, we will get to know you as we evaluate and determine whether or not a written financial plan is needed to help you move forward toward pursuing your goals.
The planning process is about you. We will work at a pace that feels comfortable to you as we progress through the various steps outlined below. Through the financial planning process and regular plan reviews and follow-up meetings, we will get to know you like family. You have our promise that we will take care of you like family as well.
- Meet with you to learn who you are, what you value, your feelings and concerns about money and your goals for the future
- Gather and analyze your financial data and account information
- Develop your investor profile
- Follow-up to discuss our findings and confirm your goals and priorities
Analysis and Strategy Development
- Run various scenarios and likely outcomes using our leading financial planning software
- Present and discuss these scenarios with you
- Present our recommendations for pursuing your goals
- Determine an asset allocation based on your investment objectives, timeframe and tolerance for risk
- Select and recommend a specific investment approach for pursuing your goals
- Meet with you to ensure you understand the recommendations and strategy before implementing
- Set up your new account(s) with us, completing all account documentation
- We will establish your secure, online WealthVisionSM account, providing you with 24-7 access to your account(s) and financial planning documents
- Initiate the asset transfer process on your behalf, providing the documents required to move assets from your existing investment manager/ financial services organizations
- Initiate a 1035 tax-free insurance exchange, if appropriate
- Initiate a 401(k) rollover (as appropriate) from your former employer
- Process all insurance paperwork and coordinate the underwriting process for any new insurance policies
What to expect on an ongoing basis
This is where our experience and value really counts and where we strive to make a measurable difference in your life. Once your plan is in place, we commit to guiding you, on an ongoing basis, along the path toward your goals. Basically, we are there to hold your hand for the rest of your life.
We take a proactive approach to ongoing fact finding – meeting with you on a regular basis, listening and asking questions that will help us determine if adjustments need to be made to your strategy based on circumstances in your life or changes in your priorities. We update you on changes in the economy and financial markets, and provide recommendations for adjustments to your strategy as warranted.
We also invite you to attend the educational events and forums we host throughout the year on timely financial topics. Our goal is to continually find ways to better help you on your journey to and through retirement.
Account Monitoring and Adjustments
- Monitor your progress against your plan on an ongoing basis
- Meet with you quarterly, in person or over the phone, based on your preference to review progress against your goals
- Adjust your financial plan and/or investment strategy as changes in the financial markets or your life/goals dictate
- Meet any time at your request to answer your questions, discuss your concerns, provide information or help you work through a decision that may have a potential financial impact, like purchasing a new car, gifting money to a child or grandchild, or taking that “big” vacation.